Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quilting Retreat with Sharon Schamber Redeux



I promised everyone that I'd post more pictures from Sharon Schamber's Art Quilt Design and Construction Retreat. Without further adieu, here they are.








In my last post I told you how Sharon Schamber not only changed the way I will quilt forever, but also changed my life. That is an understatement! Welcome to the new and exciting and zany world of quilting retreat management and business agency. Jay and I have launched our new business, "Silver Rain" which encompasses custom retreat design and delivery as well as business agency services. We've been working around the clock and have loved every minute of it.

Sharon is returning next week for a second Art Quilt Design and Construction Retreat. We are hosting 9 quilters for a 5-day intensive retreat with Sharon at the helm. Kathy R and Natalie C loved the first retreat so much, they are coming back for the second retreat!! These ladies have some incredible design goals and it will be amazing to watch them during the week as their art comes to life. We expanded the retreat this time around and added some after dinner time with Sharon plus additional independent work time.

To top it all off, Jay and I (and Toby too) will be managing 3 retreats for Sharon in her Payson, AZ studio in late Feb and early March 2010!!

If that isn't enough, we are privileged that Terry White, a gifted thread painting and embellishment quilt artist and teacher, has given us the green light to create some unique 5-day retreats for her!

I've been taking a stab at designing a website for Silver Rain. So far, I've only managed to put some text into a canned template. But, it's a start! Now if I could only figure out how to...

Until next time,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment