Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vera Bradley Fabric and 2 Easy and Quick Projects

I dyed up a bunch of lime and purple yesterday for the back of the "S" quilt.  I am going to piece the back with an 18" x 76" strip set of all the fabrics I used on the top along with giant blocks made from the lime and purple.

Lime and Purple with the strip set

It rained all day today, so I put more dyeing on the back burner.  I am excited that one of my fellow guild members, Maureen, has asked me to dye some special fabric for her block for the Blue Ridge Parkway Commemorative Quilt.  But the fun will have to wait till tomorrow when it's sunny and warm.

In the meantime, I whipped up a little pouch and matching pin cushion from some Vera Bradley 4" squares I bought eons ago on ebay.  My original intention for the fabric was to make something for Rachel, but she wasn't crazy about the fabric, so I made something for me!! WOW!
I used some fusible interlining and a juicy red for the inside.  I'm going to use it to carry my marking pencils and other small tools when I'm working away from my sewing room.


No comments:

Post a Comment